Terms and Conditions
Scratch n Win Fever
SCRATCH & WIN FEVER APCO SCRATCHIES PROMOTION
The promoter is APCO SERVICE STATIONS PTY LTD ABN 91 007 229 898
371 Thompson Road, North Geelong VIC 3215. Phone: 03 5278 6977
Open to all Australian residents except directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter, or of the agencies or companies or Apco service stations associated with this competition.
12:01am (AEST) 28/6/2017 to 11:59pm (AEST) on 29/08/2017.
There are two elements to this competition:
- An Instant Win element.
- A Weekly Prize Draw element;
Instant Win Entry Method:
To enter the Instant Win element of this competition, entrants must, during the Competition Period: Buy a nominated Apco in store product in one transaction (Eligible Purchase) at any participating Apco service station (Store) to receive a scratch card (Scratch Card) (subject to Scratch Card stocks remaining in that Store) and scratch the panel to see if you are a winner of an Instant Win Prize
If the participants Scratch a winning notice the holder of the card is deemed to be a winner and may present their winning card to the cashier with their receipt to redeem their prize.
Weekly Prize Draw Entry Methods
To enter the Weekly prize draw element of this competition, entrants must enter in either one of two ways, during the Competition Period:
Buy a nominated Apco in store product in one transaction (Eligible Purchase) at any participating Apco service station (Store) to receive a scratch card (Scratch Card) (subject to Scratch Card stocks remaining in that Store) and entry method 1: SMS The unique code on their card with their name to 0437144469 or entry method 2: fill out the mandatory fields and enter the unique code online at www.winwithapco.com.au.
Weekly Prize Draws:
There will be 18 Weekly Prize Draws of $500 in draws 1 to 16 and $1000 in draws 17 to 18 to a total of $10000 conducted; The Weekly Prize Draws will take place at 2pm (AEST), on each Friday between and including 7/07/17 to 1/09/17 (inclusive) at TRAK Arcade, 10th Floor 443, Toorak Road, Toorak, Vic, 3142.
Each weekly Prize Draw will consist of all of the valid Weekly Prize Draw entries received to date during the promotion period 28/6/2017 to 29/08/2017. Weekly Prize Draw entries will rollover into subsequent Weekly Prize Draws
Unclaimed or un-won prize draw:
There will be 1 Second Chance Draw conducted for any unclaimed or un-won prizes valued over $50. The Second Chance Draw will take place at 2pm (AEST) on 7/12/17 TRAK Arcade, 10th Floor 443, Toorak Road, Toorak, Vic, 3142. The Second Chance Draw will consist of all valid Weekly Draw entries received during the Competition Period at the draw date.
There are up to 83,173 Instant Win Prizes of Confectionary, Dinks, Food, Ice Creams, Merchandise, Snacks, Cinema Passes, Fuel and Newspaper discounts To the value of $257,161 as described in the list attached and displayed in store.
There are 18 Weekly. 16 (2 drawn in weeks 1 to 8) prizes of $500 cash and 2 (drawn in week 9) Prizes of $1,000 cash to a total of $10,000 including gst each.
Total Prize value:
The total overall prize pool is valued at up to $267,161.00 (inc GST).
Unclaimed or un-won prize draw:
Any Prize valued over $50 which remains un-won or unclaimed at 11:59pm (AEST) on 15/09/17 will be included in the un-won or unclaimed prize draw to take place in accordance with the unclaimed or un-won prize draw section of the draw details above. Each prize awarded in this draw will be distributed to the next valid weekly prize entry randomly drawn in descending order of value until all prizes are awarded.
Entrants may enter multiple times per day provided that each entry is based on a separate eligible purchase in a separate transaction, with a new entry code. There is a limit of one eligible purchase and scratch card per transaction.
Winner Notification and Publication
Instant Win Prize:
winners present their scratch card with receipt to the cashier. Winners of food prizes may redeem their prize instantly or at any time up until 3/9/2017. Winners of merchandise prizes must present their scratch card with receipt to the cashier where a claim form is completed so that the prize may be forwarded to, or the winner advised of, the point of collection of their prize.
Weekly Prize Draw winners:
Will be notified by phone call and in writing by text message within two days of the relevant draw. Any winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Apco Website from date of draw and for a period of 28 days thereafter.
Prize Claim Date and Time:
All Instant Win Prizes must be claimed by 11:59pm (AEST) on 2/09/17. All Weekly Prizes must be claimed by 11:59pm (AEST) on 15/09/17.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification:
Any winners in the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by phone and in writing by text message within two days of the draw.
Authorised under NSW Permit No:
NSW Permit LTPS/17/14280
Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- Each Weekly Prize Draw entrant will receive a return sms message confirming their successful entry into the relevant element of the competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving this electronic message.
- Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. Failure of an entrant to provide their original Scratch Card/s (as per the Retain Scratch Card Requirements) (without alteration) to the Promoter upon request (which the Promoter can make at any time during and/or after the Competition Period) may, at the Promoter’s discretion, result in an invalid entry (and, at the Promoter’s discretion, in all of the entrant’s entries being invalid). The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple phone addresses or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with entering the competition. Automatically generated entries will not be accepted.
- Scratch Cards from any other competition are not valid for this competition. Scratch Cards are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- The draws will be conducted at the time, dates and location as stated in the Draw Details. If, on the date of a Daily Prize Draw, insufficient Daily Prize Draw entries have been received, the relevant prize/s will be carried over to the next Daily Prize Draw date on which the Promoter has received enough entries to award some or all of the prizes.
- The prizes are as stated in the Prize Details.
- All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions as imposed by the relevant prize supplier, including period of validity for voucher prizes. Refer to www.winwithapco.com.au for full terms and conditions.
- Winners are responsible for all costs associated with using the relevant prize including any mobile or data plans or installation costs, if applicable.
- The winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification and Publication. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
- The winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and if the prize is valued over $50, it will be re-awarded via the un-won or unclaimed prize draw.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and (except where cash is specified) cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- There will be a total of 150,000 Scratch Cards printed.
- Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Every prize claim in excess of the advertised Instant Win Prize pool will be honoured, unless such claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these conditions.
- If a Prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter cannot contact a Prize winner (or a Prize winner does not contact the Promoter) by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will conduct such further draws in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Details as are necessary to distribute the relevant prize/s, subject to any requirements of the relevant gaming authorities. Any winner(s) in this draw will be notified as stated in the Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prizes. Delivery of prizes is within Australia only.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant gaming authorities if required.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.